8/28/2003

I'M EITHER A GENIUS OR A FORTUNE TELLER

In my post on Friday, August 22nd here I stated that the Democrats would refuse to recognize that the recovery has been caused by the tax cuts (and the attached dividend cuts to same) and that it was just a question of time before they announced the recovery would have been even better without them. Taaaaa Daaaaa. These lying slimeballs not only came out with the charge, they fabricated the data they used to prove it. Starting with a Slate fabrication and then the Tax me Tax me army, the beat goes on. This disgraceful tissue of balderdash (Ancient Greek for bullshit) uses data that would put any broker or investment firm that used it out of the business and possibly charged. NRO tries to fisk this clown but the fisking is too complicated. Let me do it in a simple way, simple because I am a simpleton and know how. It is fraud if I tell you that had you invested in the stock market you made 500% by 1965 and I used data that I "cherry picked" to prove my point by starting my "proof" at November 1929 stock market bottom and ending 1965. You are not allowed to do that. One must specify the data and start from a high point, for example September of 1929 to 1965. This guy, Daniel Gross(out), violates this rule. THEN to "prove" that dividend tax relief didn't work he takes data from before the tax bill went into effect and calculates forward. NRO spelled out this fiasco really well

The stock market is at or near its year-to-date high, and it logged most of its recovery since April--— when the Bush administration and Republicans in Congress got serious about enacting the tax cuts. The burden of proof is squarely on anyone who'd try to say that the tax cuts didn't boost the market like the administration said they would.
This jerk-off Gross starts his "study of dividends" from June, like you know, THIS fucking June as in 75 days ago long AFTER companies started paying big dividends to boost their stock price. Then thisGrosss(out) scumbag goes back to JANUARY to dig up more data BEFORE there was a dividend tax break to calculate data. Again, let me guarantee you that any financial firm stating data in that fashion would be prosecuted, especially in today's business climate.

THEN, in order to make another non point, Gross(out) goes back to 1980 to calculate. I am a person trained in technical analysis. I understand the process. You cannot go back that far for a few of the following reasons: about 1500 companies have vanished ( Goodyear, U.S. Steel, and Texaco have been replaced on the DOW by MacDonalds, Intel, and Microsoft to name just a few); there have been so many mergers no one can count how many; there have been so many new companies formed no one can count how many (these NEW companies start from zero); there were no options (not on stocks, stock indexes, ANYTHING) and options act to reduce volatilityy and risk; but the biggest reason is TAAAA DAAA---- that the indexes themselves have been changed; hundreds of the 1980 S&P 500 have been changed (added or dropped) and the Dow has been changed a number of times. as has the "weighting".

Going back to 1980 to extrapolate data is fraud on its face.

Take a good look at Don Luskin's piece in NRO but I told you guys: the Liberals would say the stock market was better without tax breaks for dividends. But for the life of me I didn't know how they'd make it all up. The lying of the Left simply astounds me.

No comments: