8/14/2003

PHONY BALONEY PASSES FOR THOUGHT ON THE RIGHT; AT LEAST ON THE POSTREL VERSION OF SAME

Virginia Postrel, the empty dress of a movement called Dynamism or some such crap, passes this piece of zero intellect off in the New York Times (where else??). Like I'm going to pay more for a car that is painted the way I like it than I will for a car painted the way I don't like it represents some deep discovery. In an age of self promotion gone wild and completely worthless pseudo intellectual posturing, Postrel is up there with Maureen Dowd and Barbara Ehrenreich. An old Checkov line covers her: a character asks another character "What kind of writer is he?" The other character replies, "Not much really. He writes about the things intelligent people already know about, and what stupid people don't care about." I think Postrel has already achieved her fifteen minutes.

NEXT: Postrel discovers that people will buy things they like. Can't wait.

No comments: