10/02/2003

RUSH: Six or eight years ago I'd have trashed Limbaugh over his drug use. There would have been no end to it. That was before I endured unending pain that was close to unbearable day after day for years. All I could think of was ending the pain. I could think of nothing else day and night. I took everything I could take. I did NOT take a narcotic because I come from a family of drug abusers and knew the score. I tried to kill myself I finally had an operation that ended the pain. Rush only did what he did because he has so much money. Nobody in a normal situation has the 100K per annum to throw at pain. My only observation is that its too bad and it can happen to almost any one of us. If you haven't had to actually deal with unending pain for a year or more, then don't throw stones at this particular glass house. Just hope and pray you don't get hit with real pain that never ends.

Now for the so-called "racism". It is common knowledge around the football set that McNabb has no brains at all. He doesn't "get" the offense, he can't read defenses, and he forgets the play that he called after it gets going. He is over rated. The press does have an agenda to have a great black quarterback. They do keep hyping McNabb even though its obvious to everybody but them that he is just OK.

Given what has happened to other white commentators and team "suits" over anything that smacks of criticism of anybody black, Limbaugh was really stupid to tell the truth. Maybe it was the drugs. He now joins Marv Alpert, Nick the Greek, Al Campanis, Jim Rocker, etc. Blacks are holy. Don't ever criticize them. Everybody knows this. Everybody black is great at everything is the party line if you want to keep your job.

PS: If my name was Weintraub and I was blogging for the Sacramento Bee I couldn't say what I have just said. Nobody can. You take their money and you keep your word processor shut.

No comments: