12/24/2003

Rush and addiction having been in this area I can comment, I hope those of you who have not been there can understand this. Addicts job one is to supply their addiction, Rush included while he was using. Now he has stopped but the pressure on him to cop to criminal activity continues. The question arises, is he trying to avoid the consequences?

Part of the Twelve Steps is to " Make direct amends to such people (we had harmed) wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them (selves) or others.." Why in hell should he send himself to prison? What good would it do him? How he works on his addiction is his business, but in so far as his integrity goes with fixing himself he is in tact. Copping to doctor shopping would harm himself AND others. That's the way it is. He isn't going to lie about it but he's going to fight. BTW I fear the cops ever invading my medical records on a fishing expedition just to get me. Don't you?

No comments: