1/29/2004

Markets
GOLD CRASH CONTINUES

Biggest one day move I can remember and I don't think it will end til gold hits $390 or lower. Today's collapse came because the gold funds bailed. You always have to know the details of fund participation because, just like in stocks, if they bail before you do you will get killed. Now it depends on whether the dollar keeps rallying. I think it will for at least a few weeks. Then we will see. What I'd like to know is how many of these funds shorted gold overseas before dumping. I'll bet anything they were short in Asia and Europe and many also shorted mining stocks too. Shorting calls, buying puts, or shorting futures should be looked at. These guys are as corrupt as you can imagine. Then see if they report the losses on gold without telling anyone about the profits on the shorts.

All this has zippo to do with stocks.

No comments: