6/25/2004

1. Schultzie out does himself today with this one. Warning you must run your mouse over the pic.
2. I swear on my dead doggy that I ain't running no shit on Clinton. I am so sick of him and his escapades I can't tell you. What a waste of time to continue commenting on his tenure. I heard Hannity for a second in my car yesterday ranting about Jennifer and Kathleen, and all I could think of was that the Republicans figured out a way to lose in 1998 but that won't stop them from bringing up the same tired shit again. Right Wing radio is getting very boring.

Continuing along this line, Hannity was excusing our practices at Abu Grahiab. Fuck you Hannity. I don't know if Rush is similarly inclined, but my position is that we are Americans. We have a different standard for ourselves. More important is the fact that the person DOING the abuse is seriously affected too. Once that line is crossed it's an open field with no goal line. You just keep going til somebody shoots you. I think we are all potential emotional cess pools. Civilization is created in part to keep that stuff off limits. Period.

BTW, one of the greatest song writers most people have never heard of is the late Townes van Zandt who may have been the worst singer of his own songs in history. Quite a few people have recorded his songs but now it seems that everybody is doing it. Guy Clark has an album, The Flatlanders have cut a couple of his songs, but the absolute best cut ever is Nanci Griffith's dynamite version of "Tecumseh Valley"; if you have ipod or something get it. An incredible song.

No comments: