6/05/2004

Ronald Reagan Dies

"When the Lord calls me home ... I will leave with the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future," he wrote on Nov. 5, 1994. "I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead."
The Left will always hate the man who killed Communism, but the rest of us around the world can thank God he came along. We know. They don't. Then there is Reagan's opinion:
"You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream-the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. Regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would sacrifice freedom for security have embarked on this downward path. Plutarch warned, "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits."
Let's hope there will be another Reagan and may God forgive those people on the Left who attempt to ridicule and dishonor him. I am feeling a deep sense of personal loss, as if a close friend or relative had died. Forgive me if I'm totally pissed at the people who insult him.

No comments: