7/08/2004

Over the past year many have emailed me asking if I had read Lileks about this or that. The answer is that he is my idea of the flabby meandering producer of pure flautulential prose that I never want to be. Boring, confusing, pretentious; today's so-called essay is a case in point. How many? two thousand words where fifty would do? God, what a bore. Hey, 9-11 is a clever propaganda movie for the chior. All propaganda is an easy target. Going after a stationary target with a machine gun doesn't make my day. Period. Next case. I like brevity. Here are my two chapters.

CHAPTER I

"I fucked her for the eighth time and we both wanted more before we had to drag her husband's body out and bury it..."

CHAPTER II

"I shot the bastard six times and he still kept coming. I never saw anybody ejaculate like that in my life....."

THAT'S writing, Lileks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, neat that you turned comments on.

Lileks is prety good, bit but I guess the blogosphrere model is failing. when Daily Pundit has a blogroll of a thousand and Glenn Reynolds gets so many requests he link to Lileks that even he sounds peevish, well a new model of publicity may soon come about.