8/03/2004

MOVIES: I am currently working in an office with as diverse a crew as you can imagine, other than no dummies. Their movie reviews are as follows: 1. "The Village" "I thought I'd kill myself during the first hour before it got really good." 2. "Bourne etc." an on the cheap directing effort; close ups of noses, then lips, then head, then fists, interrupted once in a while by chases; OK. 3. "Manchurian Candidate"---nobody saw it and nobody is planning on going, they heard it was shit. 4. "I Robot"---just OK, most heard it wasn't worth the $8. Nobody is seeing anything else, more confirmation that the top movies are doing well and everything else is losing money. The Hollywood reports of rising grosses in a rising ticket price environment is the usual bullshit parotted by their supine media slugs needing star interviews to keep their useless jobs. Check the costs plus marketing and you see that one bad movie can kill the grosses of two others.

No comments: