12/17/2004

Merry Christmas I am, at the very least, an agnostic. But an agnostic who doesn't believe that I have the right to stop Christians from celebrating Christian Holidays, as long as Christians allow me to celebrate too and so long as the Jesus lovers give me presents. I find myself really pissed at the secularization that includes eliminating Christmas from any public display. So this year I am saying "Merry Christmas" to everyone I meet hoping to piss them off. Then, and get this because it's really in the spirit of the Season, I wait for them to say "Seasons Greetings" as a response. When they fall into my trap I reply, "What Season, is that?", hoping to see the bastards squirm. If they respond to my yuletide evil greeting with "Happy Holidays" I again inquire as to what holiday they might mean. If they just pass me by I just start humming Silent Night or O Little Town of Bethlehem.

And fuck you if you refuse to become involved with that.

So it's Merry Christmas, assholes and may the baby Satin grace your home.

I say all this because we have to have Christmas. The baby Jesus represents new life to ALL of us. A new life that is the future. A future that doesn't know that "you can't do it," and does know that everything is possible. We all need to celebrate a future that includes the assurance and hope that all babies born everywhere every year will make the world better, just because they can.

So when I say Merry Christmas it's for all the children being born this year with the hope all of them will make things better.

No comments: