1/18/2005

Here's my two bits on the Seymour Hersh "U.S. is spying on Iran" piece in the New Yorker.

1. This is a leak from the White House and I'll bet anything it is to cover up the fact that we HAVE NOBODY in Iran in spite of two years of time to do it.

A. As I've commented many times before, it is next to impossible to infiltrate a Muslim anything. This is because they marry within their familes (cousins) and everybody knows everybody.
2. Seymour Hersh is a Left Wing agenda journalist and he'd tip off secret plans in a nano-second and not care a wit who he killed in doing so. Therefore I don't think anybody tells him anything secret they don't want published.
3. If we do have anybody in Iran they are spying on date pickers or garbage collectors.
4. Syria is another matter and we may well have people there because they are Baathists and there are lots of loose foreigners in the country.

Very late add at 1:30PM PST: I guess I have no monopoly on the above POV. It seems every blogger from here to Iraq sees it the same way. Well, everybody but the Left who don't seem to notice the story at all.