1/25/2005

SPONGE BOB and Dr. Dobson............I must confess that I'd never heard of Dr. James Dobson until the Sponge Bob buggering Squidward Tentacles thing came up. I thought it was so stupid that I couldn't figure out what the stink was. So I checked. The "stink" revolves around an almost New York Times mis-identification of an organization, a website, and the producers of a cartoon type propaganda movie to all grade schools that advocates "being nice to everybody regardless of anything." Lots of us abhor all propaganda no matter what the hidden message, but this particular propaganda movie has no homosexual connection and in no way advocates homosexuality.

I'd never been to Dobson's website and I'd never paid any attention to Focus on the Family, which is Dobson's org. Dr. Dobson's website is here and all you have to do is read the first page to be astonished at the Sponge Bob controversey. This guy is brilliant. He is highly educated. There is no excuse for he and his "people" to confuse websites.

Here's the stupid story. There is a gay website called "We are Family." It IS a gay site, BUT their website has the URL: WAF. Their banner clearly identifies the org as "We Are Family." But in no way are they plugging the "Sponge Bob Square Pants" video. I can understand the rush to judgement, but if I have stature I must check things out.

There is another organization called the We are Family Foundation which is HERE. These are the people who actually produced a "let's be nice to each other" video featuring Sponge Bob and a ton of other cartoon characters. The site screams that they have produced "We Are Family Childrens Video." This site is in no way connected with any homosexual agenda. Dobson attacked this foundation confusing it with homosexual "We Are Family" website and organization.

Dobson is not only wrong, he has assisted in his own lynching by the secular Left. Nobody as smart as he is should ever make a mistake like this, but he did. It is HIS mistake, not his underlings (the buck DOES stop here) and Dobson has now made himself a standing target for the secular Left. I have no idea how he spins his way out of this, I doubt that he will take full responsibility for his mistake and apologize. That would be too easy. But the confusion is very easy to understand.