2/16/2005

Wearing the suit: When I produced my first movie at the ripe old age of 28, one of the old hands I'd hired took me aside after day one of the production and told me, "Somebody has to wear the suit." In other words the manager has to manage or all is lost. I promptly went out and bought some very sharp pants and a shirt, showed up the next day, fired the director and asked another guy if he hated his job. Everything ran smoothly after that and everybody knew who was in charge. Which brings me to the Drudge link to The New York Observer's recounting of the sagging saga of CBS life. One thing is clear: A bunch of women at CBS have the males totally under their control. All of the men are sensitive to the needs of others and are a bunch of pussys afraid to stand up and manage. None of them have the balls to wear the suit.