3/15/2005

When bloggers become fences of stolen goods, they reply that, "I'M A BLOGGER AND I CAN STEAL WHATEVER I WANT." So if you have a business with proprietary data---things you have spent money and years of sweat developing for exclusive use----I can steal it and publish it, or have somebody else steal it for me and publish it, or simply use data somebody else stole and publish it. Why? Because I'm a Blogger and I'm priviliged. Never mind that we destroy a company's ability to pursue their business. What counts is ME.

You will note that almost all of these "bloggers" now posing on TV (Reynolds, Simon etc.) pompously assert that they have a right to steal proprietary data because they ain't making money on it. As if the notoriety they seek isn't the same as money to them. Many are the same gurus who also say that everybody should be able to steal music without the creators of same getting paid. Why? Because we're bloggers and we're special. But according to Simon, HIS precious movies cannot be stolen, nor his novels be stolen.

I believe in copyright. I believe in proprietary data being protected from scum like Reynolds, Simon, and all the rest of the "Blog Community" who think it their right to steal. I hope Apple wins this one and wins it big. If I fence stolen goods I go to jail. They are all fencing stolen goods.