5/13/2005

Before I forget: Dennis Miller is off the air---he never uses 20 words to tell a joke when 200 will work. Like his politics, hate his "humor." I once wrote for two comics who had to tell six to ten jokes a minute. Now those guys were fucking funny (Jackie Gayle, Phyllis Diller, and several others) and funny in a hurry. Miller......was......s-l-o-w. Had he done clubs for six or seven years he might have learned his craft. BTW I think somebody once timed Henny Youngman doing ten jokes in one minute. Some of his jokes were three words long,

"I was so ugly when I was born, the doctor slapped my mother,"

"Doctor, my leg hurts. What can I do ?"
The doctor says, "Limp !".......

"A guy calls his lawyer. He says, `Can I ask you two questions?'
Lawyer says, `What's the second one?' "

And he did 60 and 90 minute sets. Miller couldn't hold Youngman's dog.