8/10/2005

I always assume that all of you who read me also read a lot of my links. If that is NOT the case I urge you to link to Michael Yon today. He's in the middle of things and is dam good.

Flash burns from bombs are deadly. I’ve seen it many times: anything exposed is fried in an instant. Skin and flesh just peel-off. The super-hot flashes also melt contact lenses to eyeballs before people can blink......The blast in an explosion opens the eyelids, fusing the melted contacts to the eyeballs. Smart soldiers don’t wear contacts in combat, but others often do.
Like I said, he's in the middle of things and this post is mesmerizing reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yon is the untimate example of the old time freelancer". Arguable he files the best articles available on the war; one has to wonder why one of the msm boyos hasn't picked him up. On second thought after reading him, anybody with one live brain cell can figure that one out.