9/14/2005

Do you find Pajama Media as pretentious and narcissistic as I do??? I think there is some kind of law at work here that says you work and work until you achieve a position for which you are totally unqualified. None of these guys have that much to say; and they're in it for the money. There is different law for that which says, "the biggest mistake in your life is to do something just for the money" if you do, you will be unhappy forever. Kim duToit lost his investors because some of them didn't like what he had to say on his blog. You can bet that the Pajama Party has sold out before it started just so they could get advertising. There is another rule for that kind of thing that goes "never shit in the money man's hat," or something like that. This "blog" will be like Politically Incorrect, THE most PC show on television.

2 comments:

MaxedOutMama said...

I don't read them, and it is because of the way they organized themselves. I thought it was a recipe for mediocrity.

I read the blogs for people's genuine opinions unfettered by what they think they ought to say or what is marketable.

Anonymous said...

I haven't noticed any big increase in name-brand firms advertising on blogs. ... Big corporations, as opposed to somebody's Mom and Pop T-shirt business buying a blogad.

Instapundit and others have hyped the explosion in advertising on blogs, but I haven't actually noticed it yet.

Is my perception skewed or wrong in this regard?

-- david.davenport.1@netzero.com