9/04/2005

U.S. Open Tennis: pardon me but I just cannot for the life of me get excited about a sport where the players have first names like Layton, Andy, Taylor, Robin, and Andre.

Fucking "Robin?" Jesus.

USC: No pass rush against a team that didn't have one person who could start for The Trojans. No pass rush exposes corners that might not be all that good. Number One with a question mark. Maybe two.

UCLA: I had this team picked as a sleeping giant. Wrong. Sleeping gnat is more like it. No defense at all against a team that shouldn't have anyone who could start for UCLA but obviously does.

Oklahoma: I've said it before and I say it again: the Big Twelve is not a strong conference. Their championship team has been destroyed in two consecutive bowl games. Destroyed. What does that tell you. And Stoops may not be the coach everyone has thought.

Notre Dame: big big surprise unless they beat up a very bad Pittsburgh team. A distinct possibility. But they have to be watched.

The rest: hard to tell when teams open against girls flag teams. Wait til after next week.

No comments: