10/05/2005

Government spending on unnecessary make work to pay off campaign contributors will not be cut back. The entrenched Republican leadership attacks everyone who suggests it and is actually campaigning against Rhode Island Republican Steve Laffey in a primary, a guy who dares to raise the issue.

Do we have the guts to change our votes to Democratic? The Republicans are the swamp dwellers slithering around in the muck collecting and collecting. WE can stop them. We can send them home. They have been around too long. Far too long.

1 comment:

Tracy Coyle said...

After 24 years as a republican supporter, claimed loudly and proudly, I withdrew this spring with the passage of the bankruptcy bill. My problem is that people so seriously misunderstand the damage that law is going to cause that it opened my eyes to the idea that other bills that I had no interest in, but which had strong opposition, might in fact have been bad law. Once I was open to the idea that government is not about republicans and democrats but about politicians, I can not support either party. I can not imagine the potential for extreme damage had someone like Gore been president in 2001...vote democrat? I don't know...30 years of voting and for once I see why some don't bother.