10/02/2005

USC Number One???? While out and about I got to see Alabama, Texas (part of), and USC in action yesterday. For the second week in a row USC stank to high heaven for an entire half of football, nine penalties in the first quarter alone, and gave up around 250 yards passing and 150 yards in punt returns. Their kick coverage doesn't exist and I question how good Leinart really is as a qb.

#1 is clearly Alabama; #2 might be a tie between USC and Texas a team that starts fast and finishes fast. I still say the Big 12 is the most over rated conference in the country and should be called The Big One, since year after year we see a single team dominate and then lose in a bowl game. Were I a voter, that is how I'd vote. And how good is unbeaten Penn State? Next week they actually play somebody (Ohio State).

No comments: