12/26/2005


....AND A CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM

KING KONG: as readers know, I have a huge extended family living here in LA. All of them, including at least 25 children were at our annual Christmas Eve party. I asked a seven year old who had seen the movie if she liked it.

"It sucked. Yuk."

This review was backed up by every kid that saw it as well as every parent, most of whom thought it was a total waste of time.

That didn't keep me away today. What do a bunch of pre teen punks and their cinematically challenged parents know about art? It turns out that they know enough to smell a fart bomb. First, we had to sit through 25 minutes of previews of coming disasters (Jennifer Anniston's new movie has to be a total bomb, I only mention it because that trailer was the worst). There wasn't a single upcoming movie that is original, which is to say they are all remakes of TV series or old movies.

Then King Kong started. And started. And started. One fucking hour of a boat getting to an island. I walked without seeing the monkey.

There were only about thirty of us in the theatre and none were kids. Jesus, what a piece of shit. I should have listened to them kids at the party. They obviously know about real art.

7 comments:

Caleb Liu said...

All things come to those who wait. The next two hours were amazing. Pity you missed it!

Anonymous said...

Excellent views here. I somewhat agree with last remark.Need to finish my write up on cheap cellular phone cases.Very good info,cheap cellular phone cases.

Anonymous said...

I am a millionaire through the stock market; I inherited ten million from my father and after six months in the market I had a million.

Anonymous said...

I am a millionaire through the stock market; I inherited ten million from my father and after six months in the market I had a million.

Anonymous said...

I am a millionaire through the stock market; I inherited ten million from my father and after six months in the market I had a million.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The
text in your article seem to be running off the
screen in Safari. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd post
to let you know. The style and design look great though!
Hope you get the problem solved soon. Cheers

Also visit my page ... relevant webpage