5/08/2006

Everything we conservatives have worked for over the past thirty years will go down the tubes this November. Karl Rove, who may be indicted for lying to a Grand Jury in a few weeks, is trying to drag the entire Republican party down with his boss, at least it would seem so. Things the boy genius is saying to rally the conservative base include wild support for the socialized medicine drug plan (sure to cost hundreds of billions of dollars per year), the "guest worker program" which is another word for amnesty, and the good news from Iraq that only a thousand guys will die in the next year. Rove is proving one thing: he is just as out of touch as is his boss. We have allowed ourselves to be sold down the river by a man (Bush) who is obviously mediocrity incarnate, a guy who cannot multi task, and who has wrecked the country by the appointments of the worst agency heads in memory. He should be impeached, but I think to make charges stick through that process he must be charged with high crimes and misdemeanors not incompetence. But I voted for him, so I should probably be detained by the secret police......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently moved to a new county in Texas. I'm debating whether or not it's worth the risk of getting a jury summons to register to vote in November. I'm leaning toward, "hell no". By opting out I can guarantee I won't get screwed by this state's justice system since I'm already guaranteed to get screwed by this country's political system. One out of two these days is a decisive victory in my book. Does that make me a bad American?

NC3 Deep in Mexican Territory, Tejas

Anonymous said...

They'll just get you thru your drivers license.

I was on a jury a few years ago. All six of us practiced a little "jury nullification." Two cops testilied on the stand so we voted not guilty. Even though the accused was guilty as sin, which we all agreed with.

Think of being on a jury as a way to screw the system back.

Anonymous said...

You let a dangerous criminal back out onto the streets in order to "screw the system back"? Hey thanks loads, we're all a little more free now!
Morenuancedthanyou