9/11/2006

I'm sure you're sick of hearing about Paths to 9/11 (I've slobbered all over this blog, below) but I saw it Saturday AM because a friend of mine who works at low level at Disney either stole or borrowed a CD (actually three disc set) and brought it over to my place (I have a HiDef system) where ten or so of us watched it starting at around 7AM PDT. All of this with the understanding that I was switching to the Notre Dame game at 11:30, no matter what. So, what did we think? Did we want to bomb the nearest DNC meeting? No. It was boring. It was confusing. There was enough bad acting to fill an Actors Studio Twelve Step meeting. We all stopped watching the fucking thing at around 10AM and started watching some of the earlier football games. This thing would have died a silent death if the "Looney Bin Left" had stayed the fuck out of it. Reminds me of the days when the "Legion of Decency" could virtually guarantee a hit by condemning a movie as obscene and telling all Catholics they'd end up in hell if they saw it (Naturally, most all Catholics suddenly just had to see a movie that was "bad" for them). Bottom line on 9/11: our entire bureaucracy fucked up and to cover their asses kept fucking up.

No comments: