10/27/2006

Camile Paglia in Salon (subscription)

Mark Foley was never on the radar of anyone outside the small circle of news junkies. So his fall and banishment from Washington were nothing but a drip in the torrential flood of current geopolitical problems. The way the Democratic leadership was in clear collusion with the major media to push this story in the month before the midterm election seems to me to have been a big fat gift to Ann Coulter and the other conservative commentators who say the mainstream media are simply the lapdogs of the Democrats. Every time I turned on the news it was "Foley, Foley, Foley!" -- and in suspiciously similar language and repetitive talking points.
I can't recall in my lifetime a point where the media was completely biased in almost every respect. I hope the GOP wins, if only to crush this messianic liberal smear machine. Late Add: Drudge has this link that may work for at least part of the day....

No comments: