7/31/2007

Da Surge:

As most of you readers know, I have supported this tactic from day One in spite of my contempt for the Bush Administration and their conduct of the war so far. I based my optimism on the fact that the French used the surge strategy in Algeria and they wiped out the FLN there. That didn't stop the French Left from screaming "defeat" in spite of the facts. It was the French public and the Hard Left in France that launched De Gaulle into the presidency based on his promise to capitulate to the completely defeated FLN.

The Democrats clearly see that we will win this thing militarily now and as I write this they are falling back to position two: the political situation is deteriorating and therefore we must get out. The "we have lost the war" theme is still paramount in their "campaign" to sway the American public.

Well, they have the votes so far. Will they keep them?

No comments: