9/28/2008

OK, OK, PAUL NEWMAN

First, I really love his pasta sauce and some of his movies....If you asked me to name my 25 favorite movies I know two of them would be Newman movies (The Sting and Butch Cassidy) and maybe one more. He did movies that had actual plots as opposed to the propaganda bullshit being made now. Stories, stories, stories.....

I think he was the last of the old time actors, those few people who manage to choose material that entertains as well as accomplishing other goals. Compare him to assholes like Tim Robbins, DiCaprio, Jane Fonda and Jessica Lange and at least thirty others who probably share Newman's politics but who are not capable of sublimating them to stories and entertainment. I also believe that Newman just knew that endorsements from actors was the kiss of death.

No comments: