8/31/2003

GIBSON'S "MESSIAH" OR FUCK YOU JUST IN CASE

I'm seeing this movie because all the people against it are telling me not to. An artistic selectivity based on "fuck you just in case" or in this instance nobody is going to tell me what not to see, what is bad for me or society, or bad for Jews. I grew up in a Jewish Catholic household (The Church was always banning stuff and I was always seeing stuff) and the hypersensitivity of Jews always made me laugh inside; there was some Jewish Mafia guys, Mickey Cohen and Myer Lansky that used to drive them nuts ("don't they know what they are doing to "us" with all this shooting?"). It is now clear that the Jewish community and the ACLU will do anything to stop this movie. ANYBODY, and trust me I have read some scholarly things on the life of Jesus and those times, anybody who knows that era knows that some powerful and wealthy Jews set Jesus up and the Romans killed him. So Mickey Cohen and Myer Lansky turned Jesus over to Al Capone and he was killed. That's it.

There's lots of discussion going on about a picture nobody has seen and too many people want me not to see. I'm seeing it. There is a discussion about Gibson being frozen out of theatres over at Josh Claybourn's site, which is a very good site if you haven't been there, but have no fear Gibson will get his movie shown. In Claybourn's comments section I posted the following:

I produced five movies in my ill spent and horrid youth. Here's facts: you have to fight the unions because their rules will ruin you; you have to know some independent distributors or you will get raped no matter what your grosses are; but finally you have to find the "niche".

Back in the days what we used to do was "four wall " it, meaning that we'd rent out the theaters ourselves and keep 100% of the gross. The other way, and this is how Fox and many other companies started, is to "tent" it; meaning literally to buy a big tent and show the goddam thing. Now Gibson will have to deal with the Christian hating ACLU, much of the Jesus hating Left, and so on but this movie WILL see wide viewing. Gibson has laid it out there and he will go the whole nine yards to be sure people see it. Don't forget he will have pals in the church community who will make churches available.

There's lots of ways to get around the big money and like one of your commentators said, I too will see the movie, just because.
I am as agnostic as a person can get but I resent the forces that are trying to eliminate Christianity from our consciousness. I'm pissed in fact. I may even learn Aramaic, the language in the film, so I don't have to read subtitles.

No comments: