3/30/2004

Inside some private forecasts on JOBS Remember, I'm just the messenger here because I'm not in the business of forecasting jobs. I'm seeing some outlandish prognostications. Some really good guys calling for 250,000. A ton of them calling for 150,000 and a few down to 120,000. These are generally economists working for banks and large brokerage firms as opposed to the market analyists mentioned last Saturday. This market rally is an anticipatory one. Keep in mind that when the small caps move either way it is significant as hell. S&P 600 and the Russell are really roaring, important because when you get down to Russel stocks you are looking at less liquid stocks, harder to dump. I don't know, but the street is on fire. Gold is up and people are buying more; commodities continue on the bull run of a year; all point to a roaring economy. Tons of people buying puts on bonds (5-1 ratio) figuring rates are going higher. Me? I don't pay attention to that stuff once I am in the market.

No comments: