5/29/2005

My private "source" for some of my commentary on movies said in this post of a few weeks back that there was a secret fear in the business that Star Wars was not going to be the mega hit everybody was touting in public. So guess what? Star Wars wasn't even able to hold the top spot for more than one weekend. is barely holding its own through the second weekend. Word of mouth at my workplace is very bad; most don't like it at all. My post on the business, the most hits for anything I've ever written (30,000 plus so far), is causing quite a bit of talk, if you haven't read it. Again, as one of my comment people stated, people are just tired of the SOS done by the SOP. My point is still: the entrenched Politically Correct über Alles crowd now in charge of both MSM and the movie business won't fire people because they all think alike and insist on hiring people who think they way they think. Make no mistake, all of them would rather go broke than open up to what is known as "Red State" opinion and talent. LATE ADD: had to shut down comments on the originating post because I was using too much bandwidth; a first for me.