10/30/2005

Noonan's piece of last week is suddenly getting the attention it deserves. It is here and should be read and then really thought about. Does it mirror me and the people I deal with both as clients and in the workplace? Yes, to a great extent. Everyone is thinking that "it's all over." Combine the court decisions, the presidential sonamulance and inability to communicate anything, his miserable appointments, Iraq, energy prices, the hurricanes, bird flu that nobody thinks the government can handle, the scandals, the attack on religion, the utter collapse of our elites and institutions, and and and. Read it and see what you think. I largely agree with it based on my experiences right now and I wish I didn't...... And if you didn't read my piece comparing JFK's reaction to crises to Bush's, go there. Then go over to The Gun Guy---we all know who he is---and check out his take. I think most of us agree that "the wheels are coming off the trolley." I will post on this tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howard - you and I both know full well JFK couldn't get into a DNC funtion today - the closest thing to JFK's style of liberalism is Joe Lieberman - and he isn't even in the same league by a long shot.

You know my credentials, and you have no idea of the depth of my disgust with what we have built today. Noonan, with her gifts of perception and communication nailed it - her piece reads like a fever dream I have been having for at least 10 years.

Along with the gun guy I am looking after my own, AND making sure I am also trying NOT to be part of the problem. America is a great country, and it it matters to enough of us, it will be again.

Hang tough, Howard. We may be down, but we aren't out.