2/23/2006

Malkin has wedgee over this quote from Hillary:

CLINTON: Suppose that you were meeting today to decide who got the vouchers. First parent comes and says 'I want to send my daughter to St. Peter's Roman Catholic School' and you say 'Great, wonderful school, here's your voucher. Next parent who comes says, 'I want to send, you know, my child to the Jewish Day School. Great here's your voucher! Next parent who comes says, "I want to send my child to the private school that I've already dreamed of sending my child to.' Fine. Here's your voucher.

Next parent who comes says, 'I want to send my child to the school of the Church of the White Supremacist.' You say, 'Wait a minute. You can't send...we're not giving a voucher for that.' And the parent says, 'Well, the way that I read Genesis, Cain was marked, therefore I believe in white supremacy. And therefore, you gave it to a Catholic parent, you gave it to a Jewish parent, gave it to a secular private parent. Under the Constitution, you can't discriminate against me.'

Suppose the next parent comes and says 'I want to send my child to the School of...the Jihad.' Wait a minute! We're not going to send a child with taxpayers dollars to the School of Jihad. 'Well, you gave it to the Catholics, gave it to the Jews, gave it to the private secular people. You're gonna tell me I can't? I'm a taxpayer. Under the Constitution.'

Now, tell me how we're going to make those choices.
And she is correct. I've made the same point many times. There is no way to stop this from happening under a Federally funded voucher system, especially with the court sytem dominated by the Left. Malkin blah blah blahs about Hillary being crazy without saying where she is wrong. When a PC government in local areas certifies these madrassas, Black Muslim schools, and just plain nut case schools tell me exactly how to Constitutionally keep vouchers from going to people who want to send their kids there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in the Constitution does government get its authority over skools?

Anonymous said...

Vouchers are a poor man's way of a tax break-- that's it.

God forbid we CUT taxes, so dress it up in lipstick as a voucher.
Bottom line, it's YOUR money.

Would the position then be that the government should take MORE taxes so that citizens have no money left to afford private school at all, be it Jewish, Catholic or Jihad?

Do you want to swallow a bitter pill or take it as a supository from the government? Your choice.

Or, just excercise choice earlier and abort the future Jewish, Catholic, Jihadist.

Anonymous said...

... Black Muslim schools, and just plain nut case schools

What do you think some to today's public schools are, anyway? At some of the high schools, it's Martin Luther King Day all the time.

Pork on the lunch menu? Never.
Check out the lunch menus in L.A. public schools, oh nostalgic mid-20th century liberal.

-- david.davenport.1@netzero.com

Anonymous said...

Let the moron parents send their kids to these useless schools, their kids will serve as a good example to the others.

We've already got generation after generation of good examples of bad slum people turned out by the public schools. How do you propose to break this cycle?

We beleive in competition here, and when these loser kids get out of their maddrass and try to get a job...what a laugh!

What a laugh on us, if they stay in the US underemployed and poor and frustrated.

By the way, are you referring to old stock black Americans turning to Black Muslim-ism here, or to the new wave of Muslim immigrants from Muslim lands in American public schools?

-- david.davenport.1@netzero.com

Anonymous said...

the protectionist wing ...

What's so bad about defending American jobs and the American economy?

Explain it to us, Mr. Wall Street Journal editorial writer.

-- david.davenport.1@netzero.com

Anonymous said...

I think it will be a good thing, lower wages for traders and clerks and therefore good for American customers, if commodities trading jobs are outsourced to India, don't you agree?

-- david.davenport.1@netzero.com

Anonymous said...

books for your home library collection.