9/12/2006

A SURPRISING CASE FOR HIGHER TAXES

Or FUCK THE WAR, THERE'S A GAME ON....I maligned the TV movie, "Paths to 9/11" because a mob of us watched it at my house on TV, probably weakening its impact upon us. However, it did cause reflection among many of us and as proof I offer this part of a conversation I had with three of the guys who saw the show at my house. We agreed that the country doesn't believe that Terrorism and the War on Terror actually exists. The reasons given were many, but most feel that Bush has done a miserable job of communicating the danger. Roosevelt's reaction to Pearl Harbor was mentioned as how to rally the electorate. A draft, rationing of gasoline, and higher taxes to pay for the war gets everyone's attention. We cannot have a war AND all the creature comforts, including lower taxes, and be impacted. During the WWII the government ran some awful pictures of dead GIs on the beaches of Tarawa (above) in order to "wake people up that there really was a war on." This is a private war and we are not involved. I'm afraid we will only know about the "War on Terror" after an A-Bomb goes off in the middle of the Super Bowl.

Whoops, I gotta get back to the game, can't miss that.

REYNOLDS is very good today, take a peek.

No comments: