12/01/2006

NEVER GIVE A VOTER AN EVEN BREAK

My two cents: The Democrats have sold out their "principles" before they even get sworn in. Not that I'm sorry for their 180 on Congressional Oversight of intel (I haven't really studied something I knew wouldn't pass) but a promise is supposed to be a promise. However, to our political elites a promise is just another lie told to us morons in order to get elected. Once they are safe in the confines of Washington they can steal money and stuff their pockets as usual. The Washington Post is the first to jump regarding their refusal to change Congressional oversight of intel as suggested by the 9/11 commission.

It was a solemn pledge, repeated by Democratic leaders and candidates over and over: If elected to the majority in Congress, Democrats would implement all of the recommendations of the bipartisan commission that examined the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
Maybe Alcee Hastings doesn't like the 9/11 commission. Just One Minute put up a terrific piece yesterday that covers almost all the bases. This is a really big deal, but what the hell did anyone expect from these slimeballs? Republican integrity? Whoopsie, I forgot. On a serious note, I think there must be something wrong with you and me that results in the election of these mediocrities of both parties.

No comments: