10/02/2003

HAD ARNOLD PRAISED CLINTON IN '98 I'D BE WORRIED

ARNOLD AND HITLER and boy oh boy is this one a doozy. As Drudge says, "the hits just keep on coming". So what do I make of it? Well first, if you think I am an asshole now you should have read anything I wrote or heard everything I said when I was in my twenties. I have no idea if I praised Hitler or Stalin (an old guy once told me he went to Communist Party meetings in the 30s because it was the only place to go to get laid in one night), I think I thought Billy the Kid was cool, hated the thought of ever being a parent, was loaded far too much, was uber Left and so on. I think I sort of recall a bunch of us guys sitting around a dorm praising Hitler for being organized and the German uniforms for being cool along with a discussion of tits, asses, and fish odors. I was a total jerk off but I was also growing up. To say today that I praised Hitler in some way back then would be true only in the context of being a total asshole.

Am I cutting Arnold slack? Yeah. Why? Because he was an asshole as a young guy. Has he been a different person as he grew up? Obviously. And it is the organized "hit" that is going on that upsets me more than all the other stuff. This is Davis, the LA Times, the organized Left doing what they have become so good at doing. These midnight hit pieces just go off my back. Hitler? Come on. Had he liked Clinton I might be worried.

No comments: