5/23/2004

WaPo is detailing a "chain of command" approval of the actions at Abu Grahib (may require registration). Just as a guy who has been around, I cannot imagine this stuff happening by itself. The post names names and has interviews with lawyers in the case as well as a tape rercording of other statements. Karpinski offers this:

"I didn't know then what [Sanchez] probably knew, which was that this was something clearly in the MI, maybe that he endorsed, and he was already starting a campaign to stay out of the fray and blame the 800th," Karpinski said. "I think the MI people were in this all the way. I think they were up to their ears in it. . . . I don't believe that the MPs, two weeks onto the job, would have been such willing participants, even with instructions, unless someone had told them it was all okay."
Makes sense. There is another female involved now, a Captain Woods; I still say the sexual content (It's all about sex..and violence) of this thing is too obvious to be ignored. Two weeks on the job? I hadn't realized that. They also implicate Sanchez who was visiting the prison constantly. Take a look.

No comments: