9/24/2006

Happy Daze are here again! Yesterday I was able to fill my gas tank for $30, and I cannot remember the last time I was able to do that. Five days ago I commented that gasoline was selling for $1.77 per gallon. Yesterday it was $1.65, down from about $3.30 a month and a half ago. My car fills between 14 and 16 gallons so I'm "saving" $10 on each fill up. And so are you and everyone else in the country. It's (almost) like a tax cut. BTW, heating oil prices are way down as well, good news for the East Coast.

Sometimes a fucking football game can just get to you. Last night's Notre Dame Michigan State game was one of those games. If you missed it, you missed a classic. A comeback by Notre Dame that fight songs are written about. Speaking of football, that huge High School game I posted about on Friday ended up being a slaughter before the largest crowd to see a high school game in SoCal in ten years. One of the teams has ten Division I scholarship players and it showed---52 to 14. Since it was our neighborhood team that won, the parties continued til Saturday morning.

Lots of my friends
are reading and raving about The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11----by Lawrence Wright. It's becoming THE book to read. Take a peek

No comments: